Saturday, September 21, 2013

No Longer Vegan

As I've mentioned, people were alarmed at  how little I ate at the fellowship meal.  Last Saturday one of the women went  to a farmers' market on the other side of town.  She came back and told me I needed to go check it out, as I would be able to get preservative-additive free meat.  So this morning Daughter and I went.  I feel like I hit the jackpot.  Not only did I find pork and chicken I can eat, I found some baked goods I could have.  Of course, the prices were very high, but I don't intend to eat large quantities of meat.  I had a hot Italian sausage for lunch with grilled peppers and onions.  I'd have loved to put it in a bun and have some kind of Italian tomato sauce.   It's okay.  It was wonderful to have some meat, and not feel sick as soon as I ate it. 

Daughter and I had a long talk today.  She wants to move back home so she can take care of me.  She's distressed with the difficulty I'm having keeping up with the house.  It's true, I've been spending too much time at the church and have had too little energy for housework.  I told her I'm feeling better, so I'll be able to keep up now.  I don't know if she bought that or not.  I hope she did.  She provided powerful motivation to do a better job of keeping up with the house.  I don't want her feeling responsible for me and my well-being. 

No comments: