Friday, September 27, 2013

Really?

I was one of the recipients of a long email from House Manager this morning.  She is concerned about Daughter's eating and thinks she needs "professional help."  I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry.  Does she think this is a new idea? 

I have told them since the beginning that Daughter has issues with foods.  I've outlined the various things that have and haven't worked.  I've explained that she has had a psychiatrist and therapist for most of her life, and that I have gone great distances to find professionals who were competent and could help Daughter. 

One of the things I find most frustrating is that they don't seem to give me credit for what I've done or the knowledge and expertise I have on Daughter.  I am cautiously optimistic that perhaps the loss of her TV is having an impact on Daughter (that consequence was my suggestion).  Yesterday she didn't try to watch videos on the computer or her DVD player, saying, "I know I'm not allowed to watch TV."  I also heard her tell friends that she made a mistake and has to live with the consequences of it.  Do I think she's cured?  No.  But maybe she'll do better for a while. 

No comments: