Tuesday, September 10, 2013

It's a Good Thing....

It's a good thing I love my work so much.  Yesterday I went into the church a little late, arriving about 10:00.  I dumped my back pack and lunch in my study and then headed to the sanctuary to put something away.  As I headed back to my study, the doorbell rang.  I opened the door for one of our board members.  He wanted to talk about Sunday's worship.  He thought the sermon was great, and it had started him thinking, he wanted to share those reflections with me.  Another board member showed up, and the first invited him to come join the conversation.  They were trying to remember the name of an early leader in the church.  I finally went to the office and brought back the record book.  Finally the first leader left.  As the second leader started to leave, the treasurer showed up, so the second leader followed him back in to get a question answered.  Second leader left, and website coordinator arrived for a noon meeting with me.  Treasurer had some questions/suggestions for her.  Treasurer left.  Website coordinator and I discussed some changes to the website.  She left.  I grabbed my lunch and ate quickly, as I had an appointment with a recent retiree who was willing to consider leading up a video project for us.  We also talked about some computer issues, and then we discussed some other church things.  By the time he left it was 3:00. 

I sat down and tried to do some work.  I ate supper.  The members began arriving for a 6:00 meeting.  The 7:00 committee members were arriving as they left.  It was after 8:00 before I left the building.  This morning I sat down around 9:00.  People started dropping in quickly.  I think it was 10:30 or 11:00 before Administrative Assistant and I were alone.  We talked a bit, and a little after 12:00 I headed out for a lunch gathering/program with colleagues.  When that was over, I dropped a colleague off and came home, getting here a little after 4:00.  I have to mow the lawn tonight.  It is very hot.  Daughter's comment, "It's too dangerous to mow in this heat!"  Unfortunately, this is the only evening I'm home this week.  I was too tired Saturday and Sunday.  I keep hoping it will cool off a bit.  The current heat index is 94....  By the end of the week the overnight low will be in the high 30's.  Fall is such fun here. 

I'm just glad I love what I do so much! 

No comments: