Sunday, September 1, 2013

One Weekend a Year

There is one weekend each year I miss Tiny Village.  Labor Day weekend was the biggest weekend of the year.  It was the Big Event, which was a homecoming.  We'd have 500 people in the church Sunday night, and it was one of the highlights of the year.  Then on Monday Daughter and I would make our annual trip to the County Fair, where we'd check out the kids' 4H projects and visit with people. 

It's getting easier, now that we've been gone 3 years.  On this Sunday night, though, I still find myself remembering.  Remembering and longing.  One of the wonderful young women who came with her family every year for the Big Event posted a couple of videos from tonight on Facebook.  It was bittersweet, watching the videos.  I was glad for a glimpse, and wish I was there.  I shared the videos with Daughter, she was nostalgic, too. 

Most of the year, I'm delighted to be right here in Capital.  Things are going well.  I'm feeling blessed.  One weekend a year I miss the place we spend 14 years.  I'm grateful for the time I had there, and I'm glad I'm here now.  I love my life. 

No comments: