Monday, September 2, 2013

New and Different

Daughter and I cleaned out my closet today.  When we'd sorted through the clothes and decided which to give to Sister Best Friend, what ones to donate, what would go in the trash, and what I would keep, the outcome was pretty amazing.  I don't have many clothes left in my closet.  I don't feel any need to fill it in, though. 

I found the dress I bought for Adoption Day.  That was 19 years ago.  It was a size 18.  I haven't been smaller than that since then.  Today, some of the clothes that fit are size 14, some are size 16.  After sorting through everything in my closet, I decided I could use another sweater or two.  Daughter and I went to see the Smurfs 2.  She thought it was great.  I wasn't as thrilled, but it made her happy.  Then we went shopping for my sweaters.  I went into a store I've never shopped in before (the clothes were too small).  I tried on some sweaters.  One of them was too big in size large, so I had to go down to a medium.  I liked the way they looked on me.  I enjoyed shopping and trying on clothes.  I don't remember the last time I enjoyed shopping for clothes for me.  Daughter was helpful.  She didn't complain or ask to get anything.  It was buy one, get one for half price.  I also had a gift card.  I walked out with 2 sweaters which cost me less than $6 after the gift card.  It was nice. 

Then we went and got pedicures, which was also nice.  Since I can't eat out anymore, I can afford to spend money on other things.  Daughter and I enjoyed a good weekend.  Today was a mini-vacation.  I liked it. 

No comments: