Monday, December 31, 2012

Amazing!

Apparently planning to come to a Christmas celebration at my home is hazardous to your health this year.  Sister Best Friend and SBF Husband were supposed to come yesterday-- except SBF Husband was hit by the same bug that wreaked havoc in Brother's family.  Everything has been rescheduled for tomorrow-- we've combined the two Christmas celebrations into one.  I'm looking forward to it, and hoping everyone will be healthy.

Obviously, Daughter was once again disappointed, and once again handled the disappointment amazingly well.  I promised I'd take her to the mall yesterday after church.  She was excited.  So as we were sitting in a restaurant in the mall eating lunch, Sister called.  She invited us to come.  She wanted my help going through some of Mom and Dad's stuff that had been stored in her basement.  I expressed concern about changing plans on Daughter one more time and told her she could talk to Daughter about it.  I handed Daughter the phone, and she thought it was a great idea.  We finished lunch, came home and changed, and headed to Sister's house, getting home at 9:00 yesterday evening. 

Once again, Daughter showed flexibility and didn't complain about a change to our plans.  This has been an amazing visit.  She has matured so much in this past year.  I'm proud and grateful. 

No comments: