Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Festivities

I finally did some Christmas shopping this evening.  We had our staff Christmas party today-- lunch at an Italian place with a buffet.  It was just Administrative Assistant, Treasurer and me, but we shut down the office and put up our little sign that shows when we'll be back.  The services are coming together nicely.  Daughter will be home tomorrow evening.  They finally talked to Psychiatrist today, and she cut Daughter's lithium in half.  I need to take her in for another lithium level in a week. 

I'm finding that Sandy Hook is casting a pall over my Christmas preparations.  It is a reminder of the brokenness of our world, and the commentary and posturing since has just magnified that brokenness.  Of course, as I said in my sermon Sunday, Christmas is about God sending light into the darkness of our broken world.  And the darkness will not over it....

No comments: