Friday, December 28, 2012

Home Improvements

When I bought my house 2 years ago, the inspector told me that I should replace the range hood with one that vented to the outside, since the one I had recirculated air.  It was a lovely almond color, while all the other appliances are black. 

So yesterday I went to the home improvement store.  I was shopping for new flooring for the kitchen.  The son of the previous owner had put peel and stick tiles over the old sheet vinyl to get the house ready to sell.  The tiles are sliding around, and they weren't very good quality, so there are scratches and holes in the surface.  I'm not sure what I want to get to replace it, and have been pondering various options.  The reality is that I am hard on floors.  I drop things.  The ice maker often has ice that falls out after we've walked away from filling a glass with ice.  So I've been exploring options. 

After getting more confused than ever exploring flooring options, I wandered over to look at range hoods.  I purchased a new black one, and it was installed today.  The old one was vented to the outside.  I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't be, since there was duct work in the cupboard above.  All my appliances now match.  The man who installed it is a carpenter who does home improvements.  I was quizzing him about flooring.  He added to my confusion.  I'll keep exploring.  I do hope to get new flooring in the coming year.  There is always something to be done around the house.  Always. 

No comments: