Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday Morning

When I pulled into the parking lot a little after 9, there was already a truck in the parking lot.   I went downstairs and found a man cleaning and fuming.  We have a woman in the church who is obviously mentally ill, and has a variety of other issues.  Doctors and medication are against her beliefs.  There are times when she is very challenging.  Yesterday was one of those times.  We had two receptions with food, and she was seen taking a bite out of veggies and then dipping them again.  She also licked her finger and used it to gather up the crumbs on one of the serving plates.  For a variety of reasons, this woman hooks this particular man, and every so often he goes on a rant about how we need to do something about her.  There are no easy answers.  I acknowledged the difficulty of the situation.  We will have to address it, and it will be a situation that will require prayerful preparation. 

By 10:30 this morning 6 people were in the building, there had been several phone calls, and in trying to make a resource available for the first man, I'd had to find the toner and replace it in the copy machine, (which meant I had to locate 2 hidden keys first).  It was busy, crazy, not at all what I planned, and I loved every minute of it.  We're up to 10 people through here on a day the office is supposedly closed.  I love ministry in this place.

No comments: