Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A Gift

There was great celebration in the church office this afternoon.  I received an email telling me a meeting scheduled for next Thursday afternoon had been cancelled.  It would have taken at least 4 hours out of my day, and it's very hard to set that time aside with everything else going on at this time of the year. 

Tonight we are having our Blue Christmas service.  I never know how many to expect for this service, but suspect attendance will be up over the 18 we had last year.  I know of at least 18 people who plan to attend.  We've had a number of deaths this year, and some of our new members have tragic family stories that may prompt them to attend, too.  I hope it will provide comfort to the families who come.  Daughter was disappointed she was going to miss it.  It is a service that she has always liked. 

No comments: