Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Blood Work

I received a call from Daughter's doctor yesterday evening.  She got the blood work back, and there were issues.  I wish we'd had the results at the appointment.  Her lithium level is too high, and there are some signs her kidney function is worsening.  Nurse is on vacation, so I emailed Case Manager about contacting Psychiatrist.  She was on it first thing this morning, but I haven't heard what was done, which bothers me a bit.

Daughter is struggling back at the house, and part of me wants to bring her home.  I know, though, that that would not be good for her.  She'll be with me Thursday through the holidays.  Of course, depending what happens with her psych meds, it could be an interesting vacation. 

I'm officially taking the week after Christmas off, except I'm preaching on the 30th.  Our big planning meeting with the two boards begins January 14 and will continue on the 19th.  That is a week earlier than I thought it would be, but that's when everyone could come.  There is a great deal of work to do to get ready for it.  Both Administrative Assistant and I are anticipating doing some work from home that week the office is closed.  I finished writing newsletter articles and communion liturgy today, but still have 3 sermons to write.  I also need to do begin my Christmas shopping....

No comments: