Saturday, August 25, 2012

Fall Is Coming

It's beginning to feel like fall.  The temperature is over 90, but it's getting down into the 50's and 60's at night, which I love.  The leaves are beginning to turn, and when I mowed today I caught the clippings to deal with the locust leaves that have begun to fall.  I spent almost 5 hours working in the yard today, It was wonderful.  I got a lot done, but there is more to do.  I haven't spent an extended stretch there for a while-- it's been too hot.  As we move into fall my energy level always goes up.  I don't do well with heat, so the summer months are hard on me. 

One of the neighbors I haven't met stopped to chat while I was sweeping along the curb.  She told me how much she admired my work in the yard and how good it looks.  That was nice to hear.  I really do enjoy the work, as long as it's not too hot.  By the time I  came in today, it was getting too hot.  The heat was getting to me, so I came in and took a cool shower.  I'm grateful that I have working air conditioning now. 

I'm not picking up Daughter until this evening.  She didn't think I'd want to get her until tomorrow morning, but Sundays are less stressful when I don't have to go pick her up.  She was in rare form yesterday.  She was texting and calling to protest her rights were being ignored.  Apparently their outing was to a police station, and she didn't want to go.   She claimed she couldn't go because of her PTSD.  I told her it would be a wonderful opportunity for her to have positive interaction with people in  uniform and realize that their goal is to keep people safe.  (Birth dad used to come home and beat the kids while wearing his security uniform-- uniforms can be a trigger for her.)  I reminded her she wasn't in charge and that she needed to respect the staff.  I told her to cut the drama.  She kept trying to suck me in, and was quite frustrated by my refusal to bite.  She has apologized.  I told her she needs to apologize to her program staff.  She didn't like that.  I'm enjoying have a Saturday to myself.  I'm looking forward to fall.  Life is good.

No comments: