Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Board Meetings

Last night we had a board meeting.  Have I mentioned recently what a wonderful board I have?  We began with 20 minutes of Bible study and prayer, and then moved on to business, most of which was taken care of with one motion.  We discussed new personnel policies that will make it much harder for people to expect me to do funerals while I am on vacation.  We discussed and approved a craft fair.  We talked about budget for 2013.  We discussed a chapter of a book we are reading, and how it applies to our congregation.  We elected a new secretary and members for the nominating committee.  We talked about a mission we support that has suffered a catastrophic loss.  I explained how poorly they were handling the communication, and commented I could show them how to raise the money they would need (hmm, I may have to work on humility).  The board informed me I was needed here and threatened to let the air out of my tires if I even considered moving there.  We made plans to grill the meat for our next fellowship meal.  We laughed and joked.  We discussed home improvements and shared prayer concerns.  We did all of that and more and were done in 90 minutes. 

Daughter didn't call during the meeting.  She has come so far, there was a time when it was a joke.  At some point during the meeting my phone would ring and I would answer and say as fast as I could, "I'm in a meeting.  Call after 9:00.  Love you.  Bye."  They always found that amusing. 

I don't know if Administrative Assistant is healthy enough to come to work today.  I warned the board the newsletter may be late this month.  I have a busy day ahead.  I realize that the next few weeks I'm going to have at least one day a week out of the office.  That means I need to get busy and work ahead some so that I can do the work in the time that will be available.  The good thing is that many of the things I need to do will be fun to plan.  I'm looking forward to digging into it all. 

No comments: