Monday, August 27, 2012

Fall Is Coming Part 2

Today is going to be a day of writing.  Writing newsletter articles.  Writing website content.  Writing worship liturgy.  I can tell fall is coming by the increased workload here at the church.  We're gearing up for fall programs, and this is always a busy time with extra stress.  I am also energized by this time of year.  It's exciting to finalize and implement plans and see the new things God is doing in our midst. 

This will be the first fall that I am living alone in over 20 years.  In many ways, that fact will make life easier.  I no longer have to consider Daughter's needs when setting my schedule.  I can go for a walk early in the morning without worrying about leaving her home alone.  I don't have to wait for her to go to bed in the evening in order to enjoy some time alone before I go to bed, which means I'm going to bed earlier.

Daughter is starting in a new program today, and I've only been peripherally involved in managing her stress.  There have been a few extra phone calls and requests for reassurance.  She has been on edge, and I suspect staff at both her program and her house have had to endure some verbal abuse.  I'm grateful I don't have to deal with that anymore.  I informed her Saturday that if she started whining or creating drama, I would take her back to her house early.  She heard me and was pleasant while she was with me. 

I suspect that this fall things will be much less stressful for me.  I wasn't always aware of how much stress Daughter created in my life.  Right now my biggest stress is the fact that Administrative Assistant is sick.  I'm going to email her and encourage her to stay home tomorrow if she's not feeling better.  I'd rather have her stay home longer and come back healthy than come back too soon and have her bug hang on longer. 

Have I mentioned lately that I love my life?

No comments: