Saturday, December 18, 2010

Why I Get Frustrated

One of the women came over to help me with the open house preparations. The two hours she was here, Daughter worked diligently, cleaning her room and taking care of some laundry. She was happy, cooperative, responsible. I assured my helper that Daughter and I could handle the rest of the work: bathrooms, kitchen, and a few other things.
.
Once we were alone, Daughter decided she didn't like being responsible. She'd just been saying that. She spent the next 6 hours laying on her bed (awake) while I worked. She finally got up and vacuumed her room because I told her not to come out until she had. I'm so angry right now. I yelled. I rarely yell at her. She informed me I had no right to yell at her. She can yell at me, cuss me out and call me names, but I have no right to yell when I'm trying to get ready for an event we are hosting and she's laying around all day.
.
If it were just the housework, it wouldn't be so bad, but I also have to finish the sermon and PowerPoint for tomorrow morning-- it's my own fault. I spent Monday working on Christmas Eve, and I should have focused on this Sunday. At least this coming week will be a little easier. Christmas Eve is almost done, and hopefully the 26th will come together quickly.
.
I do have someone coming to help me with the final set up tomorrow, so Daughter will be very cooperative while she is here. I also have to remind myself that the store is less than a mile away, so if I find I don't have something I need, it's not the challenge it was in Tiny Village. I just hope I'm rested enough to enjoy myself tomorrow evening. This year's open house is challenging. I have no idea how many people to expect. This house is so much smaller, I'm not sure how it will work for the open house. Whatever happens, it will be fine.
.
Now it's back to work. I keep taking breaks from the sermon in the kitchen, and from the kitchen with the sermon.

No comments: