Friday, December 24, 2010

Enjoying the Peace

I got up to go the bathroom at 4:00 this morning, and then couldn't fall back to sleep because I couldn't stop coughing. So, I got up and got busy in the kitchen. I made chocolate peppermint muffins, scrambled eggs with potatoes, sausage, and cheese, and twice baked potatoes, including two non-dairy potatoes for Sister and Short Niece. It will be interesting to see what Sister thinks, as they were an experiment. The 4th load of laundry is in the washing machine.
.
I told Daughter it was time to get up an hour and 45 minutes ago. She said okay, but hasn't moved. I'm just going to enjoy the peace and quiet until she gets up. Too bad she missed out on muffins and eggs.
.
Our Christmas Eve service is at 7:00 this evening. I need to do a little more work on the sermon and the PowerPoint, but that shouldn't take very long. I will see about getting a nap this afternoon to make up for the early morning. I need to figure out what we're going to have Christmas dinner tomorrow. Our family gathering won't be until Monday, so tomorrow will be a quiet day. We'll open gifts and watch movies. In Tiny Village, our service was at 11:00 p.m., so we tended to sleep in on Christmas. It will be interesting to see what impact the earlier service has on our Christmas Day schedule.
.
I wish you all peace and joy this Christmas.

No comments: