Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Finally

I mowed the back yard this afternoon.  It's not pretty, but it's mowed.  I also found enough ripe raspberries to make a raspberry crisp, which tastes pretty good.  I have a bunch more tomatoes and some more peppers, too.  I'll make tomato sauce with the tomatoes.  I'm now eating some tomatoes, and so far haven't had any problems with them. 

I woke up at 4:00 this morning to empty my bladder, and then began wondering when it was I was supposed to be writing the stewardship letter.  I couldn't remember, and was afraid it was this week.  I laid there in my bed trying to figure out what I would say in the letter.  Administrative Assistant and I sat down with the calendar this morning to map out what needs to happen between now and the end of the year.  We even listed out the newsletter articles that need to be written for November.  I'll write the stewardship letter the week of October 14, which is 2 weeks before it needs to go out.  We have the graphic and theme for this year's campaign, so we're in pretty good shape.  I think the treasurer has all the information he needs to put together the preliminary budget.  The past two years we've had major increases due to growth in staff.  This year our program growth is fueled by volunteers, so we won't have the increase in budget.  So, as of now, I'm optimistic about this year's campaign. 

Daughter seems to be doing well right now, so I'm getting fewer phone calls.  I like that.  It enables me to get more work done, and come home and do things like mow the lawn.   I even stopped by the grocery store on my way home. 

My throat is still a little sore, but I'm drinking hot tea and not letting it slow me down.  It's nice to feel better and be able to move forward. 

No comments: