Friday, October 11, 2013

Silence

I asked in one of the team emails what the Home Owner suggested regarding Daughter's need for test strips to cover lows.  She not responded.  The silence has been deafening.  Yesterday the dietitian emailed me privately for my input before she goes to the house to address the issue with lunches.  I thanked her for contacting me, and we are definitely on the same page.  Maybe they will hear from her what they refuse to hear from me. 

It is frustrating.  The Case Manager is also silent.  She was at the house Wednesday evening, and I half expected a phone call from her yesterday telling me I had to move Daughter.  She is silent, too. 

Daughter was distressed yesterday by my unenthusiastic greeting.  I told her that her behavior and verbal abuse of me had hurt, and that she had a lot of work to do to earn my trust.  She was super cooperative yesterday.  She did some shredding, folded and stuffed over 100 bulletins, cut out crafts for our Friday evening children's program, and helped construct a time machine out of 2 furniture boxes. 

I will pick her up this evening for the Friday evening children's program, and then take her back.  I'm going to my college homecoming tomorrow, and will pick her up tomorrow evening for Sunday.  She's not thrilled, but continues to be cooperative. 

No comments: