Friday, October 25, 2013

Feeling Old

I'm feeling old this year.  I'm having a tough time adjusting to the cooler weather.  For years I didn't even wear a winter coat most of the time.  I kept the thermostat down and was perfectly comfortable with jeans and a sweatshirt.  This year, I'm feeling the cold.  I'm wearing long underwear and two sweatshirts, and still turned up the heat.  Of course, I'm still fighting a cold, so that certainly doesn't help matters. 
  I've had a lazy day, though my walking partner and I did go out and walk one of the parks this morning.  It was a beautiful day.  It was in the 30's when we started out, but the sun was shining and the fall colors were brilliant.  Normally, we walk when it was still dark, so we don't get to see the colors.  I love the wonderful parks we have in this area, and it's probably been over a year since I walked that particular park.  We were surprised, because there were lots of cars in the parking lot and we saw about 10 others out taking advantage of the wonderful trails. 

Daughter has been apologetic today.  She isn't bugging me to come get her.  She recognizes that I'm not going to pick her up before Sunday morning.  It's kind of nice not to have to worry about locking everything up....

No comments: