Sunday, October 13, 2013

Once Again....

Daughter's blood sugar was high yesterday evening.  Once again she denied doing anything wrong.  This morning she got belligerent when I pointed out that every time she denies having been into anything, she is lying.  I told her to cut the c**p and stop playing the victim.  I told her I didn't deserve her abuse. 

When we got to the church, she wrote me a note confessing to getting into the kitchen and taking ice cream bars.  They have a relief staff person this weekend, and apparently she doesn't have keys.  Daughter is taking full advantage of that.  I told her she had to go back and confess, and that I'd be sending out an email to assure she really did confess. 

After church I took an individual who has visited for several Sundays out to lunch.  I heard the story of tremendous evil done by people who claim the name of Christ.  It was a troubling conversation.  I'm honored to be entrusted with these stories, and it is unsettling to ponder them. 

Now I'm going out to mow the lawn.  I'll be doing a lot of praying as I mow as I seek to be an effective pastor to this individual. 

No comments: