Saturday, October 12, 2013

Homecoming Reflections

I went to my college homecoming today.  I spent some time with 3 women I knew in college.  I realized, as I was driving home, that all 4 of us have the same hair style we had in college.  Our styles are very different, but they are identical to what we had 30+ years ago.  It was really good to see them, and to be back on campus. 

The campus has changed since I graduated.  It is a very different place.  They've gone from 3 dining halls to 1.  They recently remodeled my favorite dining room, and I think it lost some of its coziness.  The house I lived in senior year has been torn down.  It was a beautiful day.  I managed to find a few things I could eat at the lunch on the quad.  I think the band was better 30+ years ago when I was in it.  I understand that enrollment is down over all, which is sad. I bought a lanyard for my church and pantry keys.  It replaces one I got at a conference at another college I've been using for a number of years.

Perhaps the best thing is that Daughter didn't call and bug me all day.  That was truly a gift.  She's here now, as I picked her up this evening. 

It was a very pleasant day. 

No comments: