Thursday, October 3, 2013

Daughter's Wisdom

Yesterday evening Daughter informed me I needed to give her some test strips for the old meter, as she only had enough test strips to last today.  I informed her that they should be able to order them from the pharmacy.  She said Staff told her that the pharmacy wouldn't deliver strips anymore. 

To say I was unhappy would be an understatement.  I sent out one of my emails today to Home Owner, Case Manager and Nurse.  I pointed out that Daughter should always have at least 3 extra strips to cover low blood sugars and that relying on me to come up with strips at the last minute was not a good plan. I  said I was getting tired of the monthly strip crisis.

I picked up Daughter this morning for her volunteer day at the church.  I explained to her that I'd spent hours trying to straighten things out last month, and I was frustrated that they were not planning ahead and figuring things out before the crisis.  She said, "They're just like the government."  I thought that was good insight on the current shutdown.....

No comments: