Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Balance

I continue to search for balance in my life, which is the topic for this evening in the prayer study we're doing this fall.  Fall is always a busy time at the church, and Daughter's drama has not helped with my stress level.

Last night I didn't have any meetings, so I left early.  I took my computer home, but left it in the car.  I also left the TV off, though I did listen to some CD's.  I cooked some pasta for supper, and then worked on ornaments for the holiday bazaar here at the church next month. 

I'm back walking early in the morning several times a week.  We're looking forward to the end of daylight savings time, as we'd like a little more light.  The moon has helped some this week, but we're going to need to start taking a light source with us.  At one time the walks caused me a lot of pain in my feet, but they don't bother me anymore. 

Daughter has reminded me that her month without a TV is almost up.  She wanted to know if she could have it back.  I told her she had to take that up with the Home Owner, but I did remind her she'd continued to get into extra food.  After a predictable response, "Fine, I'll just get rid of my DVD player and DVD's then," she dropped it. 

I will be picking her up tomorrow morning, so it will be interesting to see what kind of mood she is in then....

No comments: