Saturday, December 19, 2009

Shopping

As we fought the traffic and crowds today, I asked myself why it is I waited until today to take Daughter out shopping. Then I remembered. Last week was the big open house, and that had kept me busy. This was the first weekend I'd had time to go shopping. There is also the fact that Daughter can't keep a secret, and can't handle waiting for Christmas. She bought two things for me today, and she's already given me the amethyst bracelet with the love charm.
.
In spite of the crowds and traffic, it was a good day. We sang Christmas carols all the way to City, and discovered we don't know the words very well. I guess that's what I get for playing instrumental Christmas cd's all season long.
.
Mom and Dad are still very much on my mind. My grief is fresh again. I miss them, and that's okay.

No comments: