Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Date

Well, I took Daughter to town where we were to meet NG at a pizza place. He pulled into the parking lot at the same time we did, so I waited in the car for a few minutes while they went in and were seated. When I finally went in, I was offered the table right next to them. I asked for a different table, and was seated in another room. Daughter came out to see me 3-4 times over the course of their lunch. Once was to tell me her blood sugar and get her insulin, the other times she was just checking in.
.
They were both beaming when they finished lunch and headed to the theater for Alvin. I ran to the store to pick up some things and then came home. As soon as the movie was over, Daughter called me. She was so excited. She told me the movie was awesome. He brought her home and dropped her off. We have invited NG over on the 26th for them to celebrate Christmas and exchange gifts. They have decided that we should invite his mother, too. I know and like her, so that's fine with me.
.
Anyway, the date went well, so I anticipate there will be more of them. I'm glad they are having fun together. It's a welcome distraction from grief, that's for sure. Now I need to finalize the Christmas Eve service. I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: