Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

I rolled over and went back to sleep after turning off the alarm clock at 6:15. When I woke up again, it was a little after 8:00. It's been quite a while since I've slept that late. Daughter got up on her own just as breakfast was about done baking.
.
We had a delicious breakfast, opened gifts, watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, started It's a Wonderful Life, ate Christmas dinner, and are now going to finish It's a Wonderful Life. A psychic or spiritualist or something told Sister to watch her Christmas tree on Christmas morning, because the lights would twinkle, and that would be Mom telling her she was with her. I've looked at my tree several times today, but the only twinkling lights I've seen are on the Star Trek ornaments. Daughter dreamed she visited Grandma and Grandpa in heaven last night. Grandma was surrounded by chocolates and old magazines, and Grandpa was in a kitchen surrounded by lots of food for cooking. They were doing there thing and very happy.
.
Daughter has wanted a Nintendo DS for a number of years. This year I finally bought her one, since I had some extra money. She opened it and declared it to be "breathtaking." If I'd known how happy it would have made her, maybe I'd have gotten her one sooner. Of course, we'll see how long it actually holds her attention.....
.
It's been a good day. A quiet, low-key, restful day with good food and much together time. We have survived our first Christmas since the deaths.

No comments: