Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Long Day

Today C came over to help me with the final preparations for the open house tomorrow. We did lots of cleaning and put up 2 more Christmas trees (for a total of 4). I have more Christmas decorations up this year than I've had in a number of years. The only thing I didn't do was outside lights. One fall off the ladder was enough to convince me not to do that anymore. We spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out why one of the speakers on the stereo wasn't working properly. After cutting wires, cleaning contacts and various other tricks, we determined the problem is in the receiver. Then the speaker decided to work.
.
Daughter pitched in and helped some. We went to town for lunch, and stopped briefly to eat frozen pizza for supper, but it was a long day. C arrived at 8:00 this morning and left at 9:00 this evening. She was wonderful. Tomorrow I need to make a quick run to town to pick up a few last minute items, but I'm really in good shape. Board members will come help serve food and clean up. C's mom is on the clean-up crew. C was planning on giving her a hard time. C will be back Wednesday morning to help put the house back together.
.
Now I need to finalize my sermon for tomorrow. We have the Christmas program, so it will be a very brief meditation. Very brief. Getting briefer by the minute....

2 comments:

Freddae' said...

May I ask what denomination you are?

Reverend Mom said...

Yes, you may ask. I'm trying to figure out how to answer. I want this blog to be very anonymous. My family, friends (with one real life exception and several cyberspace exceptions), and congregation don't know that I blog. I think I will set up an email account for the blog, and then you can email me at that and I will answer your question. It's not that I don't want you to know, I just don't want the world to know. Probably doesn't make much sense, but it's been a long day.