Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Home

We arrived home around 11:30 this morning. The car is unloaded and almost everything is unpacked and put away. I say almost everything because Daughter is too tired to take care of her stuff, and we just got home and she shouldn't have to do it. I have no sympathy for her, since she slept all the way home while I drove. I unloaded most of the car, and I had much more to unpack and put away than she did.
.
We see Psychiatrist this afternoon. She has improved some since she started the antidepressant, but she is still depressed, and her tremors are worst. I think we'll be looking at another medication adjustment. At least now she is able to laugh and enjoy herself, but it takes a great deal of work to convince her to allow herself to have fun. She's home until January 4th when the workshop reopens. These next few days are going to be very long. I'm not going to be the entertaining committee. If she wants to wallow in her misery, I'm not going to stop her.
.
I'm running out of patience with her pity party. I was carrying twice as much weight as we left the motel, but she stopped in the middle of the parking lot because it was just too much and she couldn't do it. She knows that I'm going to go in and make sure she really hung up her new clothes and put them in her closet, yet three times she has told me she did it, and then backtracked when I headed up to check. Then she goes into a long tirade about how she deserves to die.
.
Just because she chooses to be miserable doesn't mean I have to be. I'm going to have a productive few days. Tomorrow I'm going to begin modifications and improvements on the church website. I'm going to get the Christmas decorations down and put away, and I've bought new containers to better organize them. I'm going to rework my resume and step up my efforts on my search for a new church. I'm going to make the most of the next few days. Daughter can do whatever she would like.

No comments: