Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Vote of Confidence

Daughter is concerned about a friend at the workshop. This woman is in her 30’s and is living with an abusive boyfriend. She has a 4 year old daughter. Daughter asked tonight if they could come live with us and I could adopt them. I was mean and said no. I’m glad Daughter is so concerned, and sees me as being able to help them. However, I really don’t think I need any more stress in my life right now.

Daughter is still anxious. The last two nights she’s been into food, which has resulted in very high blood sugars yesterday morning and today. I know much of it was caused by my attendance at the meeting yesterday evening that didn’t get me home until after her bedtime. Several times today she’s come up behind me and put her arms around me and just leaned.

Today she had the opportunity to go with the work crew to get trained on the apartment cleaning. She was so excited about it, and called me as soon as she got back to the workshop. I hope that a spot will open up for her to be a permanent member of the crew soon.

The pastoral care load just got a little lighter—the saint who has been in the hospital due to complications from a “routine” outpatient procedure is being discharged this evening. She still has a long way to go in her recovery, but the improvement from yesterday to today was amazing.

No comments: