Monday, September 15, 2008

Psychiatrist

We made it to the appointment with Psychiatrist. She told us to move her evening medications up 2 hours, and also is splitting her Abilify between morning and evening. If this works we’ll go back in 2 months, if it doesn’t, we’ll make an appointment to see her sooner.

On the way home, I decided to stop at the nursing home where Daughter’s friends and one of the saints are currently residing. Daughter didn’t want to go visit her friend. His room faces the parking lot, and I suggested that he would be very disappointed if he saw us and she didn’t go visit. She went to see him, reluctantly. When I went to pick her up, she said, “Can’t you go do something else and come back and get me later?”

So, I went to the hospital to visit the saints there. One is being discharged; one still has a long way to go. Both were glad to see me. I called Daughter to tell her I was on my way, and still had to wait when I got there.

Since we got home, she has been very busy. She finished cleaning her room, complimented my cooking, and is still hard at work. She is surprised and pleased by her attitude. I suggested that she had been worrying about seeing Psychiatrist and was relieved it had gone so well. She thought I was on to something. She has announced that tonight she is sleeping in her own room.
Tomorrow I have a meeting 90 minutes from here, and won’t be home until well after 9:00. I’ve arranged for a respite provider to come stay with her. She was disappointed that I would be gone, but bounced back quickly. She wanted to stay awake until I got home, but finally decided it would be okay if I just came in and told her I was home.

Today was supposed to be my day off. I spent almost 2 hours on pastoral calls this afternoon, and called to straighten out a mess with an order this morning. There were also an unusually large number of phone calls today. I love it when people start the call with, "I know this is your day off but...." The week is filling up quickly. Some of the commitments will be fun. Several will be stressful. If Daughter maintains her current attitude most of the week, I will be fine.

No comments: