Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's September


This is always a busy month with the start-up of fall program. Today was a 12 hour day, and I didn’t stay until the end of the regional church meeting I had this evening, or it would have been much longer. Daughter knew I had this meeting, so she announced she didn’t feel good this morning and couldn’t go to the workshop. Being the suspicious mom that I am, I didn’t buy it, so she gave up quickly. I acknowledged that I knew she was worried about me not being home when she got home.


She called me during her break this morning, and I called her this afternoon when I knew she would be on the bus home. I had left her a chore list and money so her respite provider could take her shopping. She bought a CD she has wanted for quite some time, so she was happy. I knew that if her time was structured, she’d be okay. I was right.


Moving her Trazadone up to 7:00 p.m. helped her sleep last night. I need to get to the pharmacy so I can make the change with the Abilify, too. I’ll drop the prescription off when I’m in Town tomorrow to visit the saint who is in the hospital.


I talked to Dad on my way to Town today. He has been fighting a stomach bug. He thought he was over it this morning when he got up, so he ate his normal breakfast. That set him off again. He was trying to decide if he should go visit Mom in the memory care unit. I told him if he was sick he couldn’t go over and breathe on all those women. I asked him if he had anything in the apartment that he could eat that would be easy on his stomach. He said he thought he’d grill a steak for supper. I suggested toast would be better. I called Sister and asked her to check with him on the way home and see if he needed her to stop by the grocery store to get something easier on the stomach. She called, and convinced him that an English muffin and weak tea were a better idea than a steak. Fortunately, he had both on hand.


He was very talkative for both of us. He hasn’t been out of the apartment in a couple of days and is lonely. Hopefully he’ll be recovered by tomorrow and can resume his normal routine. Brother called last night to tell me that Dad had told some women at the church that he thought he’d need to move into assisted living soon. I guess that gives us something to look forward to....

No comments: