Monday, September 29, 2008

Stress, Continued

Well, we made it through the night without any more lows. I talked to the endo this morning, and of course it’s my fault. She told me what to do with her insulin today, and I’m to call her back this evening for instructions for her long acting insulin.

She’s running high today. That’s probably my fault, too. Daughter is bored, I’m just tired. I cancelled a breakfast appointment but dragged Daughter with me to get my hair cut. She twisted herself around on the bench where I left her to wait so that she could watch me the whole time. At least while she was staring at me she wasn’t hanging on me.

I know she’s still scared from last night, and she finds physical contact reassuring when she’s scared. So I allow it, even though I would prefer she allow me a bit more personal space. When I’m tired, as I am today, and she’s clingy, I can feel her sucking the energy right out of me. I may send her up to watch TV, but I don’t know if she’ll be able to tolerate being that far away from me right now.

I’m thinking on a post about how my parenting and ministry have informed one another. I hope that after lunch it will provide a pleasant diversion to take my mind off diabetes and Daughter....

No comments: