Sunday, January 16, 2011

Exhaustion

This afternoon I realized that I am exhausted. The first clue was when I backed into the garage door as i was leaving to lead worship at the nursing home. I did some damage to the garage door, but the car seems to be okay. I needed to replace the garage door, and I think it moved up on my priority list. The second clue was when I wasn't interested in a phone conversation with my sisters.
.
I'm taking tomorrow off. Well, at least during the day. I have a meeting in the evening. For the foreseeable future, I have commitments at least 3 evenings a week. I'm going to have to work at finding some balance. I was going to see about getting an estimate for a new garage door, and then I realized that I didn't know when I could schedule them to come give me an estimate. I'm hoping things will get easier after the board retreat this Saturday. I suspect it will take more than hope. I'm going to have to set some careful priorities and boundaries.

No comments: