Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More Rejoicing

I met with the building committee this afternoon. It's the first time I've been able to make one of their meetings. As the men began arriving for the meeting, they were stopping in my office to chat, so we ended up having the meeting right here. We have a lot of talent in this congregation. One of the men is a retired building inspector. He had the plans for the heating system and was presenting his theory on the source of a problem.
.
They were very open to the things I brought up, and are following through on two suggestions I made. I think they are going to get a programmable thermostat for the sanctuary. It didn't get turned down after worship Sunday, as I discovered as I was walking in there Monday morning.
.
Daughter isn't very happy right now. It seems that when I don't get into the office on time in the morning that I have to stay later in the evening. That means supper is later. That means she has less time at home. Is she unhappy enough to get up in the morning without a battle? Probably not. Tomorrow night we have choir. Maybe I'll pack sack suppers for us, and if she doesn't get up in the morning we can just stay here until 9:00 when choir is done. That would make it really hard to get her linens washed and dried. I can be almost as devious as she is.

No comments: