Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory

Yesterday Daughter was very proud of herself. Numerous times she commented on how happy she was because she'd made it a good day. I affirmed her, and told her she could make today a good day, too. She went to bed determined to do just that.
.
This morning she wasn't up when I got up, so when I finished in the bathroom I told her she could have the bathroom and asked if she was going to have another good day. "I can try." After several more attempts to motivate her to get up, she was still in bed and we were running out of time. She announced she was staying home. I informed her it was icy, so she wouldn't be able to walk anywhere and I would not come back home to get her, so she needed to move. She reluctantly got up and in the shower, and once again I didn't get to work as early as I had hoped.
.
I do not understand why she makes mornings so difficult. She was so excited and proud of herself yesterday. After my meeting I took her to a store where she wanted to buy some things. It's frustrating to see her continue to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

No comments: