Monday, January 3, 2011

Miracle Monday

At 3:45 this morning, Daughter entered my bedroom. "Guess what, Mom, I'm up before the alarm and I was completely dry!" I think I said that was wonderful before I asked her the time and informed her she wasn't allowed to speak to me again until my alarm went off at 5:30. There was no snoozing this morning, as she was standing at the side of my bed staring at me as soon as the alarm went off.
.
Getting up and ready on time, needs rewarding, so I opened a chocolate muffin mix and made them for breakfast. She put away the clean dishes and made our lunches while I fixed breakfast. She took our things out to the car while I cleaned up after breakfast and started the dishwasher. When we finally drove out of the driveway, she did a dance, singing, "I did it. I did it. I did it."
.
When we got to the church at 7:00, I grabbed my ipod and headed the sanctuary to walk while I listened to a sermon podcast. Daughter got my computer out of my briefcase and set it up. She said, "This is the beginning of a New Year and I'm going to make it a good one." That works for me.
.
As I was writing this, Daughter fell down the stairs on her way to her program. Taking her for x-rays of her right knee and ankle. Sigh.

No comments: