Monday, January 17, 2011

Lazy Monday

I slept in this morning, which felt wonderful. I let Daughter sleep as late as she wanted, too. We worked on the schedule for the week, and Daughter jumped into her chores. I have completed one valance for my bedroom. I have one more to go, and then I'm done with the curtain project. It hasn't been difficult, but it has been very time consuming and tedious. I like the way they look, though, so it's worth it.
.
I'm getting my first estimate on replacement windows tomorrow evening. I knew I was going to need to do it within the next year or two when I bought the house. I'm not sure I want to know how much it is going to cost. This company was going door to door this morning. I will have to check them out and see how they stand with the Better Business Bureau. It will be interesting.
.
Now I'm going to see if I can get the other valance done today. It will be good to be done with that project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We did a lot of research before we bought our new windows. I would be dubious about the door to door company, especially if they offer a discount because they "had a big job in your area and they have top quality windows left over."
Can you ask around among your neighbors and new friends in town?

Reverend Mom said...

I'll be doing lots of research, and getting several estimates. I'm a little dubious, too, but it has gotten me moving. I'm collecting recommendations now.