Worship: Baptism and Communion. It was a full service, and it went well.
Fellowship meal: We had a pasta bar today. The planners were stressing about it last week, but it ended up going very well.
- A woman who buried her son in the fall was talking about how hard the first Easter was.
- Our college student nursery attendant is having an MRI this week. She is having symptoms consistent with MS. She hasn't told her parents, as she doesn't want them to worry. I hooked her up with a nurse and a woman who was diagnosed with MS 35 years ago-- when she was about the nursery attendant's age. It was a God thing-- I had put our bag at a table downstairs, and NA sat down to eat there, not knowing we would be there.
- I mentioned the suicide of Rick Warren's son in worship today. A man came to talk to me about baptism and heaven. I suspect he was thinking about his son, who committed suicide as a young adult. We had a good conversation-- I hope I addressed the sub-text of the conversation and gave him what he needed.
- A man came over and was talking about the frustration of not being able to do the yard work he'd like to do because of back issues.
- A young woman in the congregation is going to see a specialist this week. She has melanoma on her leg, which was discovered last week.