Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Current: Blackout

Daughter claims she blacked out at her program yesterday.  I was busy with a pastoral call, and didn't get the phone message until long after the event.  She was sobbing hysterically, saying nothing like that had ever happened to her before.  They handled it well, remaining calm, and by evening she was fine.  I haven't even talked to her today-- just a few text messages. 

I think she is continuing to grieve the loss of her dreams.  It's not easy being Daughter. 

I'll try to write more of her history tomorrow.  This is a very busy week-- I'm into my third 12 hour day in a row, so I'm tired and don't have the energy to write it now.  Plus, I want to get as much work done as possible so I will have Friday off this week.  I think I wrote everything I need to write for the newsletter today.  I'm doing  premarital counseling with a couple tonight, but first I'm going to go get some supper.  I'll take some work with me.  It's a good thing I love what I'm doing so much....

No comments: