Sunday, April 28, 2013

Current: Helpful

This morning, as I was getting dressed, I called Daughter to come zip up my dress.  She was delayed, and apologized, explaining that she was taking care of my laundry.  I had done laundry yesterday, but had left many of the clean items piled in a laundry basket.  On her own, she decided to fold them and put them away for me.  She put my clothing items on my bed, and she put the linens away in the linen closet.  She left the laundry basket empty.  I don't remember the last time it was empty.

Yesterday she worked with me in the yard.  I was edging, and asked her to sweep up after me.  She hates sweeping.  She did it all, and did a decent job.  I like the young woman she is becoming.  I realized this morning that it has been 7 years since she graduated from high school.  I don't know where the time has gone.  She has come a very long way in the those seven years.

I was talking to her Home Owner when I picked Daughter up yesterday.  When I went to the car, I explained to Daughter that I had been sharing with her all my secrets for handling Daughter.  She said, "Oh Mom, you don't have to do that.  HO understands me." 

Today I have much for which I can give thanks. 

No comments: