Friday, April 12, 2013

A New Ministry

We had our first Friday evening program for children tonight.  Kids came for an evening that included music, a Bible story, craft, games, and piñata.  Parents had the opportunity for a date night while we entertained the children.

I was the story teller.  I had so much fun, and I'm so proud of my people.   Half of the children who attended were not from the church.  None of the children were ready to leave when their parents arrived to get them.  I love spending time with children, and I haven't had much opportunity here.  Tonight I had plenty of time to do that, and it was so much fun.  The workers were talking about ideas to make it even better next month. 

Our numbers weren't huge this month, but I think that was good.  It gave us an opportunity to test the program with a small group.  I'm confident it will grow.  When all those kids go out and talk about how much fun they had, their friends will want to be a part of it.  When the parents talk about how nice it was to have a date night, their friends will want to know more.

It is wonderful to be a part of a congregation that is willing to try new ways of reaching out to the community.  I am so blessed to be here.  Daughter called and wanted to come help this evening.  I told her maybe next time....  We'll see.

No comments: