Monday, April 29, 2013

Current: Ten Hours

Last week took a heavy toll on me.  I had 4 12 hour days, 5 evenings at the church,  and was dealing with some challenging pastoral care situations.  Last night I slept 10 hours.  It helped.  This week I'm back to 3 evenings at the church.  I'm also beginning the countdown.  I have one more class to teach on lay pastoral care giving.  I have 2 more sermons to preach.  Then I have a week in Nashville for the Festival of Homiletics.  I'm looking forward to that week away. 

I love serving this congregation, and things are going very well here.  I'm grateful that Daughter is now in a safe place.  My life is much more flexible when I don't have to work my schedule around her schedule.  It's also nice to have her closer, which makes it much easier to pick her up and drop her off. 

I do recognize, though, that I need to pace myself, or I will burn out.  For now, though, I'm grateful for 10 hours of sleep, a lighter week, and an upcoming break. 

No comments: