Friday, April 5, 2013

Projects

I didn't work in the yard today, but I did start a spring project.  I am constructing two more raised garden beds, and also trellises to tame my raspberries.  So today I bought some more lumber and some paint.  I spent the later afternoon and evening cutting lumber and painting it.  It's easier this year, because I know what I'm doing.  It also helps that I purchased a couple of saw horses.  I'm not sure when I'll get them finished and in the ground.  I suspect the ground is still frozen, which would make digging the holes for the posts a definite challenge. 

I have crocuses blooming now, but still no daffodils.  It is supposed to get up to 58 tomorrow, so hopefully I can finish my spring clean up in the back yard.  My 4 cans of yard waste got emptied yesterday.  It was a long day, and I was delighted to discover when I got home (after 9:00) that some kind soul had moved the cans from the curb to up next to my garage door.  It certainly made it easier for me. 

I love spring, and am eager to spend more time working in the yard.  A member of the church emailed me, seeking advice.  She is considering moving to the southwest.  I asked her how much of the desire to move was simply that it is the end of a long, gray winter.  We're going to get together for breakfast this week to talk about it more.  Maybe we'll have enough signs of spring by then that she'll have decided she doesn't want to move.....

No comments: