Saturday, April 13, 2013

Keeping Up

So last night we began a new ministry, and I was there to support it-- over 5 hours on my day off.  I was not involved in planning it, and I wanted to be there to greet the parents and the children, as half were not connected with the church.  It was a wonderful opportunity to make connections.  Plus, it was just plain fun. 

Tomorrow, we are beginning a new class to educate people on visiting and caring for hurting people.  I'm spending time today finalizing plans for the class.  I didn't have sufficient time this past week due to being out of the office so much. 

Some members are sponsoring an opportunity to try curling Monday evening-- after a church meeting I need to attend-- I think it begins at 9:00 and ends at 10:30....  Even though I'm delegating lots of things, there are times when it is hard to keep up with everything that is going on.  A member was trying to convince me to come to the curling event I didn't guarantee anything, but I will probably feel guilty if I don't at least drop by. 

Today I'm trying to get some things done around the house while finalizing plans for tomorrow.  I'm very grateful that Daughter is now living in a group home.  It means I don't have to impose this schedule on her.  It also means I have the freedom to work more hours and do more things. 

I think an additional 24 hours a week would be helpful.  I'm flexible-- it could be in the form of an additional day, or it could be 3 1/2 hours added to each day.  Even the ability to function well on 3 1/2 to 4 hours of sleep a night would help.  Until the extra 24 hours appear, I'm going to have to continue to prioritize carefully, delegating what I can and choosing carefully where I will become involved. 

No comments: