Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bumps

Yesterday evening I received the anticipated texts and phone calls demanding I come rescue her immediately.  As she knew I would, I refused.  I was in a meeting, so didn't talk to her until it was over.  As I anticipated, by then she was calmer.  She was upset over "blood sugar issues."  Her blood sugar had ranged from 88 to 119 that day.  Excellent blood sugars.  I pointed out that those were extremely good blood sugars.  She said, "I know, but I'm not used to them."  Too true.  She went to bed early, exhausted, and slept well. 

The bus service didn't know they were supposed to pick up Daughter today, though it was set up several weeks ago.  Daughter doesn't have the punch card she needs to ride the bus, though she should have received it....  Those are minor bumps.  I had a phone call this morning and a couple of texts this afternoon about getting her hair done. 

All in all, things seem to be going well for Daughter. 

It was a low key day in the office.  Both Administrative Assistant and Treasurer were shocked to see me filling out the paperwork for my March mileage reimbursement.  Treasurer was happy because the books balanced easily for March.  We had a number of people drop by for various reasons.  I wrote a bunch of birthday notes and several other notes.  We figured out Sunday's bulletin.  I was delighted to discover I had most of what I needed from a pulpit exchange I did the Sunday after Easter two years ago.  I'll do some tweaking and reworking, but it will be an easy week in terms of worship prep.  That's good, as I have several meetings tomorrow and need to spend some time planning out the class that begins a week from Sunday. 

I'm planning to host the young single women in the congregation for supper at my house some Friday night soon.  I was going to do all the cooking, but decided instead to have a salad supper.  I'll ask everyone to bring their favorite salad.  I'll provide dessert and drinks.  I think it will be fun.  The oldest of the group emailed me today seeking advice.  She said something about me being motherly.  Once again I am reminded that I am no longer young....

No comments: