Friday, November 14, 2008

Ready to Be Independent

I just had a call from Daughter. Now yesterday she told me she just needs me until she can get into supported living. Today she's telling me that her eyes and head are twitching (tics of complex partial seizures, take your pick), and that it's so bad everyone is noticing and her supervisor ordered her to call me. Of course, I asked to speak to the supervisor. Daughter had just begun complaining and sought permission to call me. She hasn't really noticed anything. Since I'm headed to the nursing home to visit the saints, I told the supervisor to keep an eye on her. If it gets bad, I'll come pick her up.
I'm really not surprised by this. Having declared her independence, she now has to make sure I'll still come if she needs me. Having treated me so poorly, she now needs to test to see if I still love her and she can depend on me.
Chances are 50-50 I'll have to pick her up this afternoon. If I do, she forfeits computer and TV for the evening. Anyone who is so sick she has to be picked up is too sick to watch TV or get on the computer.

No comments: