Friday, November 14, 2008

22 Minutes


I checked my phone log, and 22 minutes after her first call, Daughter was calling in tears gasping for breath insisting that I had to come get her. I took my time, but I did pick her up. I watched her eyes, and saw no sign of tics. I think she's testing me, to make sure I'll still respond to her needs after she was so terrible. She told me she doesn't deserve to be forgiven, and I shouldn't love her. I assured her I would always forgive and love her. Now she's testing that out. Maybe someday she'll trust me.


She's at a birthday party tonight, not because she earned it, but because I needed a break. It's been wonderful to have an evening to myself. She'll be home soon. I didn't even have to take her-- my secretary picked her up for the bowling birthday party for one of her foster sons. Daughter isn't a close friend of his, but I think my secretary thought I could use a break. Whatever the reason, I'm grateful. Daughter enjoys bowling, and the thought of going served as powerful motivation for her to get caught up on some of her chores.

No comments: