Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Gearing Up

Today is my last day of vacation.  I experimented with making corn tortillas this morning.  We'll try them this evening in enchiladas.  We watched the Rose Bowl this morning and will be watching some football today.  It's snowing and very cold.  I canceled on the first walk of the New Year, not wanting to do it when the temperature is in the single digits before considering wind chill. 

Yesterday morning Daughter informed me she wanted to get back with Boy Friend.  She is genuinely worried about facing him Friday.  Daughter worked with me to compose an email to team members.  It explained the situation and her fear, including her fear of giving in to pressure and saying yes to him.  It asked for their help and support in feeling safe. 

I'm beginning to think about my return to the office tomorrow.  I'll have 2 days to write a sermon, communion liturgy, and finalize the newsletter.  I'm beginning to think about what I'm going to need to get done.  It's been a good vacation, and I'm delighted with what I've gotten done around the house. I've also been able to get a handle on Daughter's insulin needs.  The last 2 mornings her blood sugar has been in the target range.  I'm pleased. 

2 comments:

Miz Kizzle said...

The staff at the workshop needs to know that acts of physical abuse occurred under their watch. That's serious. I still think the police need to be notified and a plan needs to be put in place to prevent further abuse from happening.

Reverend Mom said...

I'm not sure the physical abuse happened. When Daughter feels threatened, she claims physical abuse. She may really believe it happened, but I have received one response to my email that says it would be very out of character for Boy Friend to have been physically abusive. The email also indicated she knew this relationship wouldn't end well. BF is very needy and likes to create drama.