Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Cold

The bitter cold continues, and Daughter's program was closed today, as were most of the schools in the area.  She called this morning, but I was at the dentist's office.  I had told her I had an appointment last night, but obviously she forgot.  I sent her a simple text:  "Dentist.  Love you."  I haven't heard from her since.  I take that as a very good sign. 

I got a nice email from Home Owner today.  Daughter had a dental appointment  yesterday, but part way there she decided it was too dangerous.  She took Daughter to the overgrown farm market to pick up some produce.  Daughter cooked for the house last night.  HO was praising Daughter.  I know Daughter was pleased with it when I talked to her yesterday evening.  It's nice to hear positive things from Daughter.

This week is a writing week for me in the office.  I finished writing newsletter articles and communion liturgy today.  Now I have to finish Sunday's sermon, and finish doing some fleshing out of upcoming worship themes. 

I did some grocery shopping on my way home this evening.  This is the second night in a row I haven't been at the church, which is kind of nice.  Of course, the next two nights I will be there, which meant I had to turn down the offer of an extra ticket to a basketball game at the university.  I really am understanding why so many of our members go south for the winter.  I'm ready for spring. 

No comments: