Saturday, December 21, 2013

Winter

Winter arrived early and brutal.  After last week's snow, we're now getting ice.  I picked up Daughter today so I wouldn't have to go that way to get her before worship tomorrow.  She has compiled lists of things for us to do over break.  All we've done so far is brave the grocery store.  I needed to get some food Daughter could eat.  I considered stopping some other places, but the parking lots were full. 

Tomorrow I'm involved with 3 different worship service-- 2 different sermons and I'm playing piano for the third.  At this point I'm not optimistic about attendance.  The ice storm warning ends a few hours before worship.  I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's not looking good. 

I made enchiladas for supper tonight, putting cow cheese on Daughter's and goat cheese on mine.  We both liked them.  I have a fire in the fireplace, and we're watching movies-- first Christmas Story and now the most recent Star Trek.  For now, it's nice having Daughter here with  me. 

No comments: